Knitted and felted bag patterns






Handbag #1


Handbag #2


Small Handbag #3


Shoulder Bag #4


Striped Flap Bag #5


Tote Bag #7


Opera Bag #8


Swing Bag #9

Finally I can offer to my Australian readers my eight current knitted and felted bag patterns for purchase. For my overseas readers I will sort something out very soon so you too can buy my patterns. I teach and sell my bag patterns locally at Steph’s Patchwork Fabrics & Stitching Supplies in Moruya, NSW and I am pleased to say it has been a wonderful time for me, the patterns have been well received and I love seeing the results knitters are producing with my patterns. My bags are all knit with double knit (8 ply) pure wool, I recommend Panda Woolbale for best results. You can use any double knit wool that is not machine washable, super washed or treated to prevent shrinkage. I use very basic equipment for my bags; 5.5mm circular needles (80cm length generally), 5.5mm double point needles if there is Icord detailing and straps, stitch markers to mark the beginning/end of a row also to find the corners of the bag where simple increasing or decreasing is used for the bag shaping, 4mm crochet hook for closing the bottom seam of the flat bags and a large darning needle to sew in tails before felting. I have designed my bags so there is the most minimal amount of finishing, I really dislike sewing up knits so have worked hard to develop these easy knit patterns. I felt all my bags in the washing machine, both top and front loaders work well if you have hot water hooked up to your machine. Each pattern has a colour photo on the front cover, list of requirements on the back and up to 6 pages of detailed instruction on the knitting and then felting process including many black and white photos and stitch diagrams. You will notice that bag #6 is missing, this is the Spring Green Bag that was in issue 8 of Yarn magazine and I am unable to publish this pattern currently. If anyone in Australia would like to purchase a pattern they are $16AUD including postage, just email me and it can be arranged, payment method preferred is a deposit into my bank account as I don't have EFTPOS facilities at this stage of 'Plain Jane Creations' which is a registered Australian Business with a current ABN. If there are any business owners interested in stocking my patterns then just ask away.

tomashtoATbigpondDOTnetDOTau just remove the capitals and replace with @ and .

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool! Congratulations!

Nan said...

Oh!! I should have read your blog before I wrote to you!!! LOL!! I have picked up the new stitches around the base just now, but it's getting late, and I am going to bed!

Levin said...

there are two patterns there that are definately on my list of must haves - i just have to save a little first!
maybe for mother's day???
now that the heatwave is over and life has returned to normal i can start thinking about knitting/crocheting again. it was way too hot before.
l
x

Sarah said...

Way to go Lisa!! thanks for the birthday wishes, oh and I luv your sister's 'hoop' wall! fabulous

Anonymous said...

oh your bags are to die for they are ALL gorgeous!!!!! I too love the oops, great idea!

Ellen said...

Hi Lisa:
I just love your felted bags. They are gorgeous. I am sort of new to knitting and thoroughly enjoy it. I heard about you through Nan @ Nannybird Crafts. Are you selling your patterns and if so what are your prices? Also, can any of the bags be knitted on the knitting looms?
I look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks!
Ellen
www.ellens-treasures.blogspot.com

Deborah said...

can't decide which one I like best! I'll just have to make them all.