"This is......





................my favourite pet of all time". Henry came into our lives as an 8 week old puppy a couple of weeks after we married and he provided our family with so many happy times for almost 13 years. Don't let anyone tell you a Dalmatian is dumb............they are just plain obstinate when they want to be. Henry was the most gentle natured loving family dog you would ever want to own. Darling Daughter just walked in and saw the old album of Henry photos and asked "Can we get another Dalmatian?". I really think one day I will have another one, I miss old Henners. We do have a Jack Russell who is a great little fellow but he just isn't a Dalmatian, he was a great companion for Henry in his last few years when he wasn't feeling his best. What would life be without pets to love and be loved by?

Thanks to Two Peas in a Pod for this weeks meme, she is another passionate pet owner. I must apologise for not participating in "This is........" for quite a few weeks, I just haven't got my #$%# together, sorry! Check out Three Buttons to find the huge list of other "This is......" participants.



Thought you might like to see this photo of my mum in the 1940's with her favourite pet 'Possum' the cow. Now you know where my link with possums might stem from.

6 comments:

Levin said...

if i could, i would fill my house (or rather backyard) with pets. unfortunately my children seem to be scared of most animals. pity.
he looked like a lovely dog - i hope one day you do get another dalmation.
l
x

.girl ferment. said...

lovely dalmation. just love that cow photo.
xx

Jenny said...

What a gorgeous dog-13 years as a part of your family-what wonderful memories you must have

Maureen Reynolds said...

Everyone I know who's had a Dalmation loved them, and the one I met had a great personality. I hope Iko is still around.

Looks like farm life runs in your family blood!

Gina said...

What a beautiful dog!
That's a classic photo of you Mum on a cow and love it's name 'Possum'! :)

Two Peas In a Pod said...

What a stunning dog. He is just beautiful. Glad you were able to get 13 great years with him. All those pictures of him make me want to go out and get one right now...
PS- Im so glad someone else had a pet cow...YAY!!