Coasting along


Been sewing and really enjoying it too! Whipped this set of eight coasters up for a girlfriend.............much belated birthday gift. The fabric is a current MODA range named Charisma, I love it's lovely fresh cheery colours, maybe I need some at my house too! MODA's site is great for looking at fabric ranges, current and the next ones to hit the stores, another bonus are the free quilt patterns for each fabric range. Here is the free pattern pdf for Charisma, which really shows off the whole gorgeous range. The design looks tricky to make but it isn't really it's a bit of applique cheating rather than doing really difficult curved piecing, thinking outside the square to make life so much easier, now that's what I like! I've had a relaxing weekend, it's rained so have had time to sew and fiddle around indoors, got out to walk with the dogs this afternoon and so looking forward to the next two days home alone! More sewing?

3 comments:

Levin said...

i've had a fun afternoon looking at the moda website thanks to you :)
i love the coasters - they look so bright and funky.
l
x
ps
i just tagged you on my blog. head over to see if you want to play.

Sew Little Fabric said...

Hi Lisa, Paula here, I just love Moda, you have very good taste in fabric!

Rachel said...

You're right, this fabric is wonderful!