Cheap wine..............


Once I smoked a Danneman cigar
Drove a foreign car
Baby that was years ago
I left it all behind
Had a friend, I heard she died
On a needle she was crucified
Baby that was years ago
I left it all behind for my

Cheap wine and a three-day growth
Cheap wine and a three-day growth
Come-on, come-on, come-on

I don't mind takin' charity
From those that I despise
I don't really need your love
Baby you can shout at me
But you can't meet my eyes
I don't really need your love, I got my

Cheap wine and a three-day growth
Cheap wine and a three-day growth
Come-on, come-on, come-on

Sitting on the beach drinkin' rocket fuels Oh Yeah!
Spent the whole night breakin' all the rules Oh Yeah!
Mending every minute of the day before
Watching the ocean, watching the shore
Watching the sunrise, and thinkin' there could never be more
Never be more
Anytime you want to find me
I ain't got a telephone
I'm another world away
But I always feel at home, with my

Cheap wine and a three-day growth . . .

Good old Cold Chisel sang it so well way back in 1980 with Jimmy Barnes screaming his lungs out up the front.

I found this scribbled shopping list in the pocket of a recent thrift store find, it made me laugh, how embarrassing that you would have to write 'Cheap wine'. I wonder what the purpose was; winter stew, visiting mother-in-law, off pay week.................we'll never know! Anyway the furniture will be gleaming, the cat will be purring, the dishes will be draining and at the end of the day whoever wrote this note will be catching up on the daily happenings in the paper.

Moral of the Story - make sure you clean out the pockets of garments you donate to charity or you might see them posted on a blog somewhere! Now I'm off to indulge in a great wine gifted to me this very afternoon by a dear friend.

Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc 2008 - The Overstone Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc has ripe tropical and gooseberry fruit flavours with a zingy finish and impeccable balance. A great aperitif or seafood wine made for drinking young. Serve lightly chilled. This is the blurb on the Overstone website, sounds good doesn't it!

No comments: