I live in the county now and it's beautiful


An old abandoned farmhouse on the horizon as I head home from our shop.


Sheep under the trees outside a rustic old shearing shed.


Wind power to pump the water.


Wouldn't want to live in either of these roads, not a great address if you want to be a successful farmer.  Old Mother Hubbard's cupboard was always bare!


Why was it named 'Poverty Lane'?


Crops are looking great after a bit of good rain.


Spotted this deserted home today up a dirt road and this is as close as I could get.


Bit closer with my camera, wish I had my telephoto lens with me!


Spied this old homestead through the trees.


Curious sheep, not keen on me approaching with a camera.

Life in the country is quite different to my seaside life but it's equally as interesting especially if you like photography.  I get a bit waylaid when I'm travelling over and back to our shop and every time I find something new to check out with my lens.  Wish I had managed to get a shot of the wedge tail eagle on the road dining on roadkill, what a magnificent bird.  

3 comments:

Zara said...

Those farm houses are amazing. just thinking of the original timber floors, pressed metal ceilings, numerous open fireplaces and deep verandas. x

Sally said...

Lovely homesteads indeed.

Anonymous said...

I loved the pictures here AND the pictures from the car show. Your new town looks really interesting.

Funny to see so many people in heavy jackets. We're very hot here! ;-)

Have a great weekend.