The story continues

Way back in May last year when I used to travel to and from our shop to our country home I saw a beautiful dilapidated old home that appeared to be in the process of being renovated or removed.  I thought this was great, I've always imagined I would like to renovate an old home one day.  Well as my older readers know a couple of weeks later I was really saddened to find the house demolished, there were huge piles of building materials and no old house.  

Well just before Christmas I found the house in town and it is being renovated!  This has made me very happy.  So yesterday I drove past to see what progress has been made and as you can see in the last two photos the old verandah's are being reinstated.  This is a big project and I will keep you up to date on the renovation progress.  I can't wait to see the finished product.


December 2013




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, they knocked it down and then are rebuilding it in the new spot?

It's a shame how many old buildings are just let go. I would love to renovate an older home, but I don't think I have the patience OR the money to do that.