Lots of crochet happening around here


Whipped this Brighton Cowl up in record time, one day!  


Love receiving these parcels in the post.


Great simple pattern and all assembled as you go, even better!  


Eagerly awaiting my next yarn club parcel.  


My July yarn club shawlette is finished too!  


This one is really soft and drapey and beautiful to wear.


Easy pattern to follow.  I did do a border around the whole trapezoid shape and it made blocking very easy.


Upside down but an easy pattern to work.


Sock wool is very versatile.


On the 7th August our Darling Daughter and her boyfriend Jack Sparrow headed off on a 4 month adventure of a lifetime in Greece, Turkey, Croatia and Italy.


She's quite little and that pack is full, luckily weighs only about 12kg, but I'm sure it will feel heavy in 35 degree heat in Greece.


Miss Ruby is sure going to miss her.


I thought this bandit style cowl might be handy for Darling Daughter but she tells me she just doesn't like things around her neck.  It could be worn as a headwarmer!


I bought the wool in Alexandria last month while we were on our VIC roadtrip.  Cleckheaton California was really good to work with a 6mm hook and has washed up really soft.  I started using the Bandito Cowl pattern but it just wasn't working well for this yarn so I just carried on making my own design up as I went.  

Claw marks on gate by Miss Ruby when she is panicking about a storm.


I think this ball of sock wall that I bought at Sackville and Lane in Wangaratta, VIC would make up really well in either of these scarf patterns I bought at the same shop. More adventures in crochet for me!



Rwally loved the little collection of postcard style business cards I picked up at The Finders Keepers market in Melbourne.


A 50g hank of handspun wool from a very talented young spinner.  I'm itching to get this one worked up into something special.


Found these two English crochet mags while were on the road too.


A birthday gift in the making, wool and soya bean protein yarn. Somewhere between the two photos is the real colour of this yarn. 


Made the Ripple Lace Fingerless Gloves again and from the pattern made up my own cowl design. 

Gift well received.

That seems to be about it for the last fortnight other than my new passion, crocheted stones.  More about that later!


No comments: