Chelsea Bloom

This is a very cuddly lap quilt made from a Hot Possums pattern called 'Chelsea Bloom'. They are Australian quilt designers based in Western Australia. I used a lot of Amy Butler prints and some Jennifer Sampou, most of the applique background is cotton velvet which is so soft now this quilt has been washed, dried and finished in the dryer. This pattern is very easy, all the applique was done with a blanket stitch on my Bernina Aurora. I completed the top in a weekend and sent it off to a machine quilter for the allover flower design, then I only had to do the binding and it was complete. Hot Possum has great children's quilts, I have seen many made up and the animals are very friendly and very easy to work with. Many apologies for the creased quilt, it has been folded for too long, an airing will do it good.

No comments: