Inspired bargello



Darling Daughter found this picture of part of a Kelim rug pictured in a book and one of the borders was my inspiration for a bargello needle case project. I was asked to teach a bargello workshop at a local embroidery group in August so I thought the time had come to get down and stitch it up. I have used a collection of crewel embroidery wools that were kindly given to me a few months back and they just seemed perfect for the task, although I think DMC stranded threads would give better coverage of the 18 ct canvas. I started with a piece of graph paper and sketched out the shape I wanted then began to stitch and it has been so simple just echoing the previous line of stitching. I am working a mock plaited stitch border and then will go in search of lining and wool for the needle pages, maybe even some twisted cord ties. More photos to follow.

No comments: