Turnover a new leaf



My latest creation for a class next term. A little holdall for knitters and sewers so you have all those small bits and pieces at hand when you sit down to do a little finishing or to take out with you when you join your group wherever they meet. I have incorporated a small amount of hand embroidery and then simple piecing and finishing techniques for a fun, quick project.

I made this little turnover in the last couple of days and it was so nice to sit and embroider and then work on my lovely machine 'Nina' (short for Bernina), you forget how much you enjoy things until you make time and sit and do. Make something today girls, you won't regret the time spent creating, it energises and rejuvenates! Forget the beauty parlour just sit and sew.............or knit............or whatever is your thing.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Turnover is gorgeous!! It is really lovely and very clever too!!

Meg said...

Very very cute, I really like your fabric and colour combination. Would make an adorable gift. :)

Jodie said...

What a gorgeous little 'hold-all'. Did you thrift the pattern up yourself? It's just wonderful with the little zipper at the top and the felt swatch in the middle.
You're so inspirational!! I'm definately off to do a bit of crafting now.

Jodie

Levin said...

I have to agree with you - creating gives such a unique feeling of satisfaction. I used to be a bit of a shopaholic until I discovered crafting, and then I realised this is so much better - I actually think it has made me much happier and more peaceful. This may sound strange (because I am strange) but I feel much better about myself because I create!
I still thank you for getting me into felting - I'm having so much fun!!
Cheers
l
x

Abby said...

wow... how cute...
luv Abby

Jane said...

today I made a skirt to wear to calling hours tonight for a friends dad... creating is my therapy! my husband's favorite saying lately is "don't you have something that needs to be sewn?!"

Amanda Jean said...

oh, that is so cute! and so well made, too.