Step back in time to 1966


Thank you to all those kind readers who took the time to wish Dear Husband and I a Happy Anniversary, you are all very kind. We had a lovely lunch at a local restaurant overlooking a river and hills. If you look closely at the above photo (click on it) you might notice something else, they are from 1966! I married on my 24th birthday and my very thoughtlful little sis found two mags from the weeks before and after the date I was born. They make the most wonderful reading, it is fun to find out what was going on when you were born. The Bee Gees were just starting to record, as were Normie Rowe, Johnny Young and Denise Dryesdale was Australia's top go-go dancer. The thing that really caught my eye was the female models of te day were much more shapely 'womanly' not the stick insect variety we see these days, they also included their bust, waist and hip measurements! I recommend you all to find these old mags or newspapers to commemorate special days for your loved ones, they will really appreciate this step back in time. Anyway, I'm now a year older, greyer and have also added to my wrinkle tally but you know what I still don't feel any different.

1 comment:

Levin said...

oh! i married on my 24th birthday too! do you think it's a good omen???
cheers
l
x