Rouge





Today is a good day, finally sewed the two borders onto my Kaffe quilt that I pieced a few months back. I think the colours are actually a bit darker and richer in real life but you get the idea I'm sure. If you click on the photos the richness improves. I love this rouge quilt and it will be fabulous on our new lounge we have ordered. Now all I need to do is get it to my great quilter so she can work her magic on another of my quilts. I've even cut the binding strips and will get those sewn together and pressed ready for the quilts return and then it's just a matter of adding the binding which is no small task when a quilt is this big. It's approximately 87" x 87".

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. That will certainly add some rich color to any room. You did a great job.

Levin said...

beautiful quilt.

would it be possible for me to come and spend six months with you so you can teach me how to quilt and knit socks?

cheers
l
x

Anonymous said...

WOW Lisa this quilt took my breath away when I saw it! it is stunning!! Actually your blog took my breath away! you have done SOOOO much since I last popped by I am amazed. Firstly I love the socks! that is something I would love to be able to do and the Melb photos are FAB. We took the girls there for a week in Sept and we loved it but your photos are brilliant so sad we weren't there now to see Myer, when I lived there Myer window was always a highlight and the girls would love it ESPECIALLY UNO he is a favourite in this house, we love Grameme Base books. It has been wonderful catching up on all these posts!!

Meg said...

The quilt is gorgeous, the colours are just so vibrant and rich. You should be very proud of yourself. The lawn looks gorgeous and lush too! LOL