Windy winters day




I needed a subject to play with my telephoto lens yesterday and this pelican obliged. It was a very windy afternoon, a storm blowing in from the west and it was unseasonally hot at 26 degrees Celcius for the last day of winter. I'm so glad winter is over, I feel happier today than I've felt in the last 2 months. I've just loaded the camera up with a fresh set of charged batteries ready for todays walk. I need lots more practice with this lens!

Click on the shots for a closer look, especialy the last one, he is so beautiful.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty pelican.

We have brown pelicans here. They aren't quite as pretty. They still amaze me how they can soar on the thermals though. They are so graceful in flight.

Crafty Things said...

Great photos of the pelican. They look so ungainly when they are walking across the land, everso wonderful in full flight and absolutely magnificent when they are landing!

Leanne said...

Great pelican shots .. I love them they are such graceful big birds.....they are always pretty obliging when it comes to photos.

Mandi said...

fab shots as usual....what type of lens and was anre the magnifications of it....just out of interest...also did you use a tripod?....take care...