Christmas goodies





With Darling Daughters help we had a bit of a baking afternoon and got a few Christmas treats made for the houseful of visitors that will be arriving in the next few days. When SouleMama mentioned peppermint bark I was curious as to what this special confectionery was, here's the recipe which we didn't follow exactly but the crumbs we have tasted were yummo,easy peezy to make. As we live down under in Australia I don't think we could buy ourselves one of the gorgeous tins of Williams-Sinoma Peppermint Bark but one day I'd like to sample it. Darling Daughter was in charge of gingerbread men and they turned out great using this Taste.com.au recipe. Next I made a few of these Choc Cherry Christmas cakes following a recipe from the latest RealLiving magazine which had a summer food bonus magazine. I can't find the recipe on the magazines website so if you click on the photo it should be big enough for you to read.

I had a little help while taking the photos, Ruby was very keen to taste test whatever was on offer even though she had already have her kangaroo mince, pasta and veges dinner. Greedy little girl is still hungry after going kayaking with me late this afternoon down to the river mouth and back, it was her first time out on the water and she loved it especially when she was standing on my shoulders with her chin resting on the top of my big straw hat!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a delicious selection of treats and what a good girl Ruby is!!!

Anonymous said...

YUM>......