I did it...............




...............with only a few hours to spare I completed this gift for my sister Donna who is a beginner knitter. As I have recently invested in a great new collection of Knit Picks for myself I had a few needles and bits to spare so thought I could get her started and she even agreed it's time for her to learn a bit more about knitting. Also whipped up these very tiny tree decorations courtesy of a great pattern over at Little Cotton Rabbits blog. Very fiddly but very cute hanging on the tree............I had planned to make a whole collection of them...................what was I thinking?? The knitting is simple enough but the assembly takes patience. Donna and I exchange Christmas tree decorations each year, it's become a bit of a tradition between us but you will have to wait till the next post till I photograph the decoration I received this year, it's stunning. Christmas itself has passed me in a blur of visitors, food, family, drinks, good cheer, not much sleep and a husband who has worked for the last 7 days and been on call for 3 nights of that. I am embarrassed to admit it but I didn't take a single photograph this Christmas..................not that there weren't things to photograph but I just didn't seem to be in the right mindset, camera was in easy reach..................will have to make up for it in the next couple of weeks. Dear Husband has now commenced a 2 week break and we are holidaying at home, we hopefully will relax, unwind and catch up with friends................I'll probably be knitting too. Hope your festive season is enjoyable and that you too are crafting something.

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

I love this needle roll. Very smart and it beats hands down anything you can buy in the shops. I love the tree decs and I am very impressed that you were able to give them away. I would have looked at the finished product and promptly stuck them on my own tree.

Hope you enjoy your break and that the New Year is full of fun and frolics

xxx

Anonymous said...

lovely idea and a lovely thought...all the best for 2009