Light and warm scarf, easy knit



This is a scarf that I knit for a friend in 2006 but sadly I didn't write the pattern in my little knitting notebook, there are 3 other scarves I made that year that are written up! Isn't it always the way when someone asks you for your pattern and you can't find it anywhere. I know I made it up using a simple allover lace pattern from one of my many old stitch books which I have found just now and luckily I had two photographs. I'll share what I know and if anyone has more clues about it let me know.

I used 2 balls of Cleckheaton Studio Mohair (8ply DK) and 5.5mm needles and a multiple of 4 stitches and counting the patterns in the photograph I think about 64 stitches, maybe my friend can count the cast on or cast off stitches for more accuracy. I'm not sure whether I knit a couple of rows before starting the pattern but here is the pattern I used.

Cellular Stitch I from the Mon Tricot 1300 Pattern Stitches book published 1981

Multiple of 4
Row 1: wrn to m 1, sl 1, k 2 tog, psso * m 1, k 1, m 1, sl 1, k 2 tog, psso *, m 1, k 1, m 1.
Row 2 and alt rows: purl
Row 3: m 1, k 2 tog, * m 1, s 1, k 2 tog, psso, m 1, k 1 *, m 1, sl 1, k 2 tog, psso.

Continue knitting until scarf is long enough or you are running out of wool, whichever comes first, knit a couple of rows if you did at the beginning then cast off all stitches loosely.

1 comment:

Lisa [strickerin] said...

Thanks for posting this pattern. I might have a go next time I am in a scarfy place.