Easter is over for another year



The Easter break is finished and the weather has been glorious!  Beautiful sunny days and nice cool nights perfect for sleeping.  I have always loved the beach and no day is complete for me without a stroll along one of the three beaches just outside my front gate.  That stripey velour towel is regularly taken down to the beach, but you'd never guess it must be about 30 plus years old!  I'm just 16 years old in that photo at Te Araroa in the North Island of New Zealand.  My mum brought down an old family photo album last week so Dear Husband and I could look at the South Island trip my family took way back in the early 1980's, I'll share some of the photos in another post.  At the back of the album was a summer holiday trip our family shared with a number of other kiwi families travelling around the east cape of the North Island in our Model A Fords, a camping holiday, great memories.  I wish I still looked as good as the towel still does!


Dear Husband has worked most of the Easter break but he did have last Thursday off and we headed south in search of great fish and chips and we found them at Bermagui right at the wharves where the fishing trawlers dock.  Yum, nothing better than fresh fish from the sea. 

We also stopped at the Dowry popup shop at Moruya Books.  What a visual feast of colour and texture.  Always love the collection Fleur and her mum Christine pull together.  I bought this little crochet birdie because it just called to me and it is made by a friend I have met through my blog.  Lee lives in Queensland and we have only had contact via the web but we are kindred spirits in our crafting and broken old china collecting, one day we will meet I'm sure.  


This might sound really strange but occasionally when I drive into town and pass near a thrift store I feel that I have to stop and go in, as if there is something telling me there is a Liberty Tana lawn shirt within.  Last week once again I felt that tug and there it was not even on the shirt rack but weirdly amongst the dresses this gorgeous shirt in great condition and a print that I don't have in my big collection (well over 20 now).  It really is time I settled on a design and get to work creating my Liberty quilt.  


The nights have really cooled off and it's time for two quilts on our bed, they are so cosy and warm.  We never use blankets, there are so many quilts in this house you would never go cold!


More crocheting, this time cotton coasters for our little Kindrawares shop.  I've made a few sets now, time to find some new Bendigo double knitting, 8ply knitting cotton colours, starting to exhaust my supply.  


I think this thrifted laminated bamboo apple bowl will be great on the counter at our little shop, filled with wonderful handmade wooden jewellery.  Couldn't resist it last week!


Time to go and get into my sewing room and do some alterations.  The local surgeon I work with thinks I have nothing better to do than shorten his pants whenever he goes on a shopping spree........which is often.  I'm not sure why he thinks I would enjoy that sort of sewing! 

1 comment:

Susan said...

Aah yes, 16 was a good year for me too! How uncanny that you "knew" the liberty was waiting for you.....looking forward to seeing what happens to your shirts. Cute crochet.