Crochet......I've really caught the bug





Finished this last week, soaked, blocked and worn once already.  I started this project back in January and I'm proud of my efforts to finish this.  It is really delicious, so soft and drapey, my first fine crochet work.  It weighs 142g and measures 58"wide by 28" deep, perfect for bandit style wearing.  I added a 5 chain picot to the centre of each scallop in the final row which looks great but was really handy for threading the blocking wires through.  I had 8g of wool leftover so this project cost $1.42, not bad!  I have 134g of this wool in a pale turquoise, might have to search out a pattern for that very soon.


In June my Jellywares winter yarn club package arrived and inside was a ball of Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino and this is what I made with it.  A pair of Ripple Lace Finglerless Gloves for Darling Daughter who is leaving next week for a 4 month European backpacking trip of a life time with her boyfriend of almost 4 years, Jack Sparrow.  I was slow to get started on my first yarn club package, I was a bit scared if the truth be know, crochet is still a bit out of my comfort zone but I pushed myself and I did it.  I made the pair in one evening.  Great easy pattern, free on Bethany Scofiled's blog.  I did use a smaller hook,  3.5mm and started with 36 chain to start, bit firmer and thicker fabric.  I'll be making these again, great quick gift.  


Made this lovely soft cowl for our shop a couple of weeks ago, reminds me of Lemon Delicious pudding!


July yarn club package arrived, and it exceeded all expectations, loved the great choice of wool by Jodie, the cute homemade choc chip shortbread were great and the tea is very special.  So glad I joined this club.  


What to make this month?  I wasn't keen on any of the suggested projects so I found may own on Ravelry.  Sunset Shawlette by Tamara Kelly, another freebie.  This wool blend is a 4ply sock wool and the pattern is worked using a 5mm hook so this project is working up very fast.  I have done a lot more while we were away last week, will show you the finished project very soon.  The colour of the yarn is most like the boxed hank, the worked photo is too green, poor lighting at night on my lap.  


Also had time to whip this cowl up.  Bought a ball of Noro a my local yarn store and used almost every inch.  Might write the pattern up so you can make one too.  Never written a crochet pattern yet but I did write notes while I worked so maybe I can do it.  This washed up so soft and I've worn it half a dozen times already.  


No comments: