Ugly



It's washing day so the quilt that is on my bed is out airing in the sunshine. Lynette Anderson has asked "What quilts on your bed today?" on her blog so I thought I would let Lynette and everyone else see. We refer to this quilt as 'the ugly quilt' it was made quite a few years ago from scraps so has some real fuglies. I love the design which was taken from an old Australian quilting magazine and the designer was Brigitte Giblin from Sydney...........found a little post about her on Material Obsession's old blog. We are using this particular quilt at the moment because it's the thinnest one we have, we sleep under quilts all year round, no blankets or feathery doonas just quilts of all different styles, colours and sizes. Usually this quilt is our picnic blanket as it's huge and very basic............not too precious to use. Actually we use all the quilts I've made, that's what they're for!

3 comments:

Lynette Anderson said...

Love your quilts fun simple style. Good to hear you always sleep under a quilt as thats exactly what we do. I shall look forward to seeing another one one day, its almost time for me to wash and change ours for something different!

Mandi said...

not ugly...just really divine....wish i had one....thanks for showing...

Jean said...

Nothing "UGLY" about that quilt... of course if you really just want to get rid of it! You can send it my way! LoL.... I'll give it a home in the States!