There's something odd about me.............



..............since August 1981 when I was 15 years old I have written down every novel I have ever read. I'm not sure why I do this but I feel compelled to write them down as the last page of each book is turned. This little blue book is full so I have begun a new one last year. I now record the author as many books have the same title and even author. I remember being told by one of my high school English teachers that everyone should strive to read at least 20 books a year................finally I did it last year. I read every night, I'm not a day time reader and I also read many magazines and non fiction books on all sorts of topics. My bedside table is 1m (3 foot) wide and there are always two big stacks of reading material for whatever mood or state of tiredness I'm at. Anne Frank's Diary was a compulsory English novel which I did grow to enjoy, although at times it seemed boring but I had to keep reminding myself this was an autobiographical work written by another teenager during World War Two. My latest book will be finished in the next couple of days, it's Kate Morton's book The Shifting Fog or overseas it is known as The House at Riverton, a good read but not riveting. Need to find something a bit faster paced next.

3 comments:

Pip said...

Anne Frank's Diary was on tv a couple of afternoons ago, my husband was watching, he asked: "Who was Anne Frank? so I told him.
Sometimes I think I should have written down all of the books I have read, I would definitely have started a new notebook by now.
I enjoy reading and usually have about three books on the go.
take care
Pip

Meg said...

I have seen this book many times and never pick it up, maybe it is one for the library. I also document all books i have read, what is with that??? :)

Sylvia said...

Not so strange, Lisa. I have been listing my books for quite a few years now as I can never remember if I have read them and who wrote them! Mind you, I love lists!!!!