Obsessive






I didn't really need more sock wool but how could I resist this new Regia range created by Kaffe Fassett, wonderful colour combinations and available locally...........amazing, and it also comes with a free pattern! Next up is my recently found obsession for knitting garments from the neck down and absolutely no sewing up at all. This latest cardigan/jacket is called the Diminishing Rib cardigan for obvious reasons from Interweave Knits Spring 2009, it's knitting up really fast. I'm using Cleckheaton Country Silk 8ply in a really dark slate grey, also bought locally. I'm trying really hard to use every mm of the 11 balls I have, as you can see the body is on a stitch holder waiting for a few more inches once the 3/4 length sleeves are complete, the bottom of the jacket does kick out like the sleeves, you can't see this at the moment with all the stitches bunched on the holder. I've added a buttonhole at the neck so now need to find a great button to finish this cardi off. Finally I bought Material Obsessions new book, really like this one, seems more appealing than their gorgeous first one, lots of inspiration in there. This book was also bought locally and well before the official release date for some bizarre reason.......lucky me! I don't have nearly so much time for being creative these days but I don't let a day go past without delving into textiles in some form, I really crave creative time and it keeps me calm and semi sane.

2 comments:

Levin said...

i have the first material obsession book - and i'm hoping to get the second. i'm currently making julian a quilt from the first book.
i love the look of your cardigan - is it hard to do?
l
x

Chrissy said...

Love the cardigan. I really must try knitting from the top down in the round. It seems to make so much more sense.