Recycled, handmade or secondhand...............



...........Miss Brigid set the challenge. A Kris Kringle gift for one of the gourmet club girls...............oh and it should be kitchen related! A bit of fun for our final night of our first year of Gourmet Club. There were some very creative gifts being exchanged and I so wished I wasn't so tired out of my brain that I could have remembered to photograph the evening to share with you. Anyway this was the gorgeous gift I received from the very talented artist and art teacher Lizette Richards, homemade white chocolate paneforte (must get the recipe) presented in gorgeous patty pans on a beautiful plate and a pair of her great silver earrings. I guess now I have to wear my handmade earrings while cooking, aren't they just beautiful.

It was a wonderful balmy night in our back garden with me being a very bad hostess.............way too tired, burnt the first pizza!! It wasn't my finest hour of pizza cooking by any means..............wish I could do it all again but not on a Friday night after a very business week in the clinic. Anyway my guest did seem to relax and enjoy even if I did forget to offer coffee.............I'm notorious for this! I don't drink tea or coffee so it just never enters my head..............hope they all had enough wine so they didn't notice.

Oh, and the table looked gorgeous, I found some pink roses and we toasted pink and white marshmallows in the embers of the pizza oven. A good night I think.

No comments: