Crochet tea light lanterns





I am really starting to enjoy crochet.  On Saturday I whipped up these two little tea light lantern covers with 4ply cotton from a fabulous free pattern from Nature Nut Notes blog.  The pattern is written in American crochet terminology but luckily for me it has fabulous photos so I found it really easy to follow.  Michelle's blog is gorgeous, she calls herself the Queen of the Backyard and she is a great photographer.  I found Michelle's wonderful little pattern through the fabulous knit and crochet website Ravelry.  I have made these two little tea light lanterns for two dear friends who have suffered great losses in their lives recently and I think a little bit of candlelight will help them to remember all the wonderful times they had with their Nanny and big sister. Oops, nearly forgot, the cotton and the glasses were all thrifted locally, so a great recycling project too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful tea lights --- I bet they make a pretty glow when they are lit. I hope they will bring great comfort to the recipients.

Judi H said...

Hi! I just saw your comment on Nature Nut Notes where the pattern is posted for this project like you noted here. I saw that you said you were a new crocheter and so I just thought I'd pop in and say you did a great job. I've been crocheting for quite a while and I'm always so happy to find new crocheters who are continuing our wonderful art craft. You are off to a roaring start and I wish you continued success in all your projects. Your blog is very well done as well. Have fun!