An outing to Milton






Over the past long weekend I was invited to go for a Sunday outing with Dear Husband up the coast to the little village of Milton.  At this time of year the little village is adorned with Scarecrows because they have a Scarecrow Festival on the Queen's Birthday weekend every year.  The theme this year was the Heroes but there seemed to be a real Olympic theme happening with lots of very athletic scarecrows.  I think I spotted the Queen in the lingerie shop window in a pink suit.  The streets were packed with people, stalls, open shops, food, entertainment and lots of little buskers so taking photos of the scarecrows proved too difficult.  We escaped the cold and crowds into the local wood fire pizza cafe, yum.  Next stop was My Patch one of my favourite quilt shops which has just relocated into Wason Street opposite the CWA, just around the corner from the famous Pilgrims Cafe.  The new shop is a quaint old cottage which is perfect for showing of fabulous fabrics and lovely bright quilts.  I was allowed half an hour to shop and I managed to find a lovely Prints Charming screen printed linen ready for some freestyle embroidery, always wanted to have a go at one of these and this new one really appealed to me.  Also found two quilt patterns, the star one will be great for all the Kaffe Fassett fabrics I have left over and stashed.  The diamond one might be good for the large collection of linen clothing I've collected.  Both these patterns are by a very creative young Australian blogger Bec of Chasing Cottons.  I have inluded Bec's quilt photos from her blog to really show you her quilts that are simple but very clever.

No comments: